Monday, January 4, 2010

There was a school reunion yesterday. I didn't really attend it. Why? Well...I'm not really a fan of school reunions actually. I had posted something about my school reunions on my earlier blog eons ago. I shall post it here now, to get the point across.

My school reunion

So Pranali calls me up today and asks if I have plans for the following evening, Why? Because a sudden school reunion has been arranged.

My first reaction- “Arrrrggghhh!!! Noooo!!!”

I have better things to do, thank you.

I mean, think about it, what could be worse than being greeted by some female (who, apparently, thinks showing your undies through your jeans and your nipples through your tight top is cool) with a big , “ HI!!! YASHADA!!’ and pecking you on your cheek (because it’s the hep thing to do) while you franctically try to jog through your memory trying to remember her name.

Did I say, what could be worse? Maybe this: Some other ‘babe’ showing off her new state-of-the-art cell phone and ‘accidentally’ scrolling to the folder full of her latest boy friend’s pics. While you smile back and throw some words of admiration at her, you are going “YUUUK!! what in the world did she find so cute in that guy??!”

And then the usual, “ I’m doing blah blah course from blah blah college” and “ My brother is in UK now, I’ll be joining him this fall”

No wonder you get to watch Desperate Housewives on TV, not Desperate Men.


I shifted to my dear wonderful school when I was in std 3rd. I did pretty much the same things that I did in my old school, but somehow things were different here. Why? Well, you can give it any other reason you like, but I think there is only one answer to it.
My previous school was co-ed, this one, was
girls only.

(I am not trying to be anti-feminist or sexist at all. I am simply pointing out to you what life is like in such a school. And I am sure many of you will oppose this view strongly, but ‘freedom of speech’ are the only words I can think of).

Anyways, so I joined this school and searched for a niche for myself and tried to ‘fit in’. And in time I found one (for all those who don’t know or don’t remember, I was the weird kid in school who thought dinosaur names were cool and by-hearted the geological time-scale for fun.)

Not that school years were altogether bad. The one thing I am really glad about is that I forged an ever-lasting friendship with Pranali. And…..um…well, ya that’s pretty much it. Can’t think of any other ‘good’ things….

(As i write all this, at the back of my head, i'm visualising my clothes rack, thinking 'what shall i wear for the reunion? hmm, wonder if i should do something with my hair...'
i hate to admit it, but i'm no different from those girls!!)


P.S. Just for the record, Pranu attended yesterday's reunion. Apparently it was not that bad...

No comments: