Wednesday, January 20, 2010

City girl misses the peak hour traffic

I am not used to this.
I don't want to get used to this.
Never thought I'll miss the sound of the loud TV, traffic noises, the honking, the screeching of brakes, the sound of the fast trains, the fights in the ladies compartments...
This is toooo silent for me.
Too closed a system.
Too small, too peaceful, too fairytale-like. The same people, the same food, the same places day in and day out.
Work has kinda come to a standstill. It won't begin before the 25th for whatever reasons.
So here I am, I have tonnes and tonnes of other awesome stuff I can do here, want to do here, should do here, but am not.
Not enthu.

3 comments:

oraunak said...

YoYo,

Meditate...

You might not get this moment later... :)

There is a saying that works very well sometimes
- "don't just do something, sit there."

yashada said...

brilliant!!!!!

Unknown said...

I agree with what Raunak says. One doesn't have to DO something all the time you know. We are too caught with tasks and actions in the city. And then we complain that life passed us by. You think where you are is a 'closed system'?? Babe, you are surrounded by tall trees and beautiful stones and open skies. So what if WORK can't happen? You can make so many other things happen - go take a walk and talk to Long Al and give him a hug or something. The bottomline being - does something HAVE to HAPPEN all the time?! Just be. And enjoy your own company in the middle of that lovely setting.