Saturday, July 4, 2009

5th of July

"What's the date tomorrow?" Dad asked me while he wrote something on a piece of paper.
"5th of July" I answered, without thinking much about it at first, then a tiny little bell rang in a dark forgotten corner of my brain.

5th of July.
Tomorrow I'll be completing a whole year since my break-up.
Wow.

I smiled.
I actually smiled!
I have come a long way.

I thought about him then. Not in a yearning sort of way, but just a flitting-thought sort of way. I wondered where he was, if he was alright, if he was happy. I hoped he was. Hoped he wasn't carrying any baggage. (Even if he did, I know he would never, ever let it show...).

I have come a long way indeed...

P.S. This reminds me, I haven't posted about my recent trip to Theobroma! (Now, how could I have forgotten? Maybe I was just too busy, maybe it just didn't matter that much anymore...). Well anyway, here it is- I visited Theobroma on the 27th of June, Saturday. Theos is the place where I broke up... I LOVE Theos since it serves the best desserts ever! What a pity I had to break up there... so for a while I avoided that place. Then when I was ready to visit it, I couldn't find the time to go there..until the 27th! :)
It felt great!

No comments: