Friday, August 28, 2009

Well alright, time's up

So I'm back after a hiatus of 3 days.

There have been so many things I have been wanting to blog, that I have no clue where to start. So here is a bulleted update of what is happening in my life in no particular order:

  • I have gained weight. Now wait a second, hear me out. Let me be more precise, I gained 3 kilograms. For many that is close to nothing, it may perhaps be negligible. But for me, well, who knew 3 kilograms was all I needed to look better. The number of complements I receive after the weigh gain have been on the rise. But I also hear this from all the aunties and grandmas- that this is enough. "Yashada, put a full stop to it now, don't you gain more weight. This is perfect, not an inch more, not an inch less." So basically, for the first time in my life, I have to pay attention to what I eat and how much I eat. And I never knew it was so difficult!! Man, you need a strong will to say no to that yummy slice of pizza! Not that I am on a strict diet or anything, and I don't intend to either. But I am merely avoiding junk food as much as I can and trying to eat healthy. But this has happened only for the past week or so, mind you.
  • Visited Bangalore a couple of weeks ago. Its a fairly nice city. Pleasant weather, simple people, not as fussy as Mumbaikars. Why I went there and what I learnt there will be a separate post in itself, or better yet, a series of posts! :)
  • I am hating what Ganpati today has turned into. It's no longer a festival I look forward to. The noise, the pollution and the vulgarity make me want to either slap all those people or turn my back to them and walk away. I want to do the former, but do the latter.

2 comments:

Abhishek said...

I really want to see you, how you look after gaining 3 Kgs and after removing your steplers....

Unknown said...

i knoww man!! i totally agree with you.. on the 7th day visarjaan, i saw a ganapti visarjaan which was playin english hip-hop songs nd den loveaajkal remixes! i mean wtf!! how can dey play sumthin of tht sort man!!! i love it wen its jus de bandwala's or nashik dhol or silent procession..