Monday, May 11, 2009

About Two Blogs I Read

This is a post about 2 blogs I read. I have never met the owners of these blogs in real life, and I may never meet them. But I know about their lives through their blogs.

There is the one by a Canadian girl. It’s called Honestly. She is about my age, has a boyfriend, is a devout Christian but loves science, especially biology. Funny how I stumbled onto her blog. I was searching for information on how to dissect squids. And she had a post on it, so her blog appeared on my google search results. It’s a very nice, personal blog with a lot of tiny details about her life, ranging from a tonsils operation to learning photography. There was nothing especially enlightening about anything she wrote, just her simple life, but maybe that’s why I liked her blog so much. It feels wonderful to read about the life of someone who lives at the other side of the world, whom I have never met. And even though I don’t know her personally, I still understand the simple pleasures she takes in looking at autumn leaves or her anxieties about scoring enough marks in her exams. I know that we are different when it comes to religion, since I am an atheist and she takes her religion very seriously, or that she has a boyfriend and I’m still single; but in a way she is so like me and I suppose we connect as only girls can. But i suppose the most important aspect of it all is that whatever she writes, she does so with her heart, what she truly feels, no lies, no show-offs. ‘Honestly’, could a blog have a title more apt?

Sadly, she has been silent for a long time now, I wonder why...

A case of me is a blog by a 20-something Indian woman. I have no clue what she does for a living. She was living in Bangalore for some time, but I think now she has shifted some place in Europe.

She writes so well! I love her blog especially for her poems. I come home after a long, tiring day through the traffic and noise, go online to do some pending task, and on google reader I get an occasional treat. She has posted a quiet little poem. I read, and re-read it and a quiet smile crosses my face.

I have relaxed.

The writer though has decided to shut down her blog. I don't know why. I won't try to change her mind through this post. I'm sure she has her solid reasons, well, at least I hope she does..

But yes, her work will be missed. I suppose I need to search for something else now, that will relax me at the end of a long tiring day.



(Btw, I have commented on their blogs telling them about this post of mine.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. Will check out the blogs later... your sensitive post has made me curious.

yashada said...

:)