Sunday, November 30, 2008

It’s 1.30 in the morning. Pranali meets me online.
Pranu: “Baaaabeee I’m sooooo glad ur online!!! We HHHAVE to taaaalk!!!!”
Me: “OMG, waaaat happened???”
Pranu: “Too long a story to type, can I call???”
Me: “Haan re, call NOOOOWWW. Btw wats it bout??”
Although I already knew what it was that she wanted so desperately to talk about. Her extended ‘baaaabe, and HHAAAVE to taaaalk’ etc told me she was having guy trouble.
So she calls at 1.30 am on my landline and starts. “So I said blah blah..then he said blah blah, so I was like, so what?? Then you know what he said?? He was like..blah blah…”
I’m listening, listening, listening…
Next thing I know I can hear the engaged tone on the phone. For a second I don’t know what’s happening. Then it hits me, I had fell asleep while she was telling me something major on the phone.
Shit.
Then my cell phone rings. Pranu calling. I answer, “Babe what happened?? Zoplis biplis ki kay?”
“Umm yes I think I fell asleep…” I say a little gingerly, wondering how she’ll react.
“What??? You fell asleep listening to me??”
“Sorry sorry sorry, I was just a bit tired, and its almost 2 now…” Stop giving excuses you stupid, just accept your mistake and try to figure out how much damage control is needed.
Thankfully Pranu was in a good mood. I didn’t even have to treat her to coffee or ice cream. Come to think of it, I came off pretty easy.
I wondered what I would have done if we had exchanged places and she would have been the one to doze off while I ranted on. Hell would have broken loose…
Boy, I have good, understanding friends. Can’t say the same for them though!

2 comments:

oraunak said...

:D

Abhishek said...

wow!!!!!! u r sleeping when someone is telling u something important, and after that u r happy as u don't have to treat that person. wow, amazing!!!!!!! i am gonna tell pranali to take a huge treat from you!!!! and yes, tell me 1 thing, you had a "chain ki neend" and still u sleeping!!!!!!!!