Sunday, January 4, 2009

I got drunk for the first time during the New Year's party. Well, I had been high before, on my birthday treat for instance, but it lasted for only a few minutes. I only had an uncontrolled fit of laughter at that time, that’s all. But this new year’s I was high for hours.  Don’t really know what I did during that period, but I remember that I blabbered a lot, tried to dance but couldn’t because if I moved too much it hurt my head. Then my best friend and I moved aimlessly from room to room arm in arm and talked crap. At some point we ended up in the balcony where we slumped and cried. I don’t know why exactly I cried, but I think I saw her crying and I joined her. I sent some random sms-es to people wishing them a happy new year and telling them I was drunk. Then I received an  sms from a good friend of mine. He happens to be my ex’s room mate. So I replied back wishing him a happy new year and telling him I was drunk and asking him how my ex is. After that I happily fell off to sleep.

Urrghhh why did I do that? Why did I have to send that sms? I felt amazingly stupid when I was back in my senses. We don't talk about my ex ususally, and I didn't feel good about inquiring about him out of the blue. And I hope I haven’t spoilt my friendship with my good friend. 

I didn’t feel alright at all the next day. So I have realized getting drunk is not for me. It gives you this feeling of shallow, meaningless purposelessness the next morning which has just put me off the whole thing. I don’t want to be drunk again, not anytime soon anyway. I don’t regret doing it though, since being talli was one of those things for me that I wanted to do at least once in my life (that list also includes bungee jumping, paragliding among other things J ) . But now that I have done it, I’m not keen on doing it again. 

No comments: